Compiled from the TV and video series "Travel in Europe with Rick Steves
Discover the World Many Travelers Miss
The Dordogne Region:
- Uncover feudal France in the historic and beautiful Dordogne region.
- Visit the lively and restored town of Sarlat;experience its spectacular medieval and renaissance architecture.
- Bon appetit! Savor the very best of French cuisine as you dine on truffles, goose - liver pate, and chocolate souffle.
- Study the exciting works of Toulouse Lautrec and his famous artistic interpretation of Parisian night life.
Carcassonne and the French Riviera:
- Explore the walled, recently restored city of Carcassonne and learn of its strategic victory over Charlemagne.
- Discover the jewel of France, the French Riviera, and its rich stretch of endless coastline.
- View the spectacular scenery and natural beauty that inspired the genius of Renior, Cezanne, Matisse & Picasso.
- Travel by train to other exotic destinations on the Cote d'Azur such as Cannes, Villefranche-Sur-Mer, Antibes and royal Monaco.