San Pedro de Atacama is located at the foothills of Chileís Andean Cordillera, in the heart of the driest desert in the world. At 2,450 meters above sea level, itís hard to catch your breath in part due to the astounding natural beauty of the place, which is a stunning backdrop for 11,000 years of human history. Rolling mountains, spewing geysers, and live volcanoes combine with salt flats and windswept canyons to create an otherworldly atmosphere. From the ancient site of its first inhabitants to the present day caretakers who are passionate about its preservation, the community here celebrates its past, leaving all who pass through with the awareness that this is a truly sacred place.
- Catch a steamy sunrise at the Geysers del Tatio
- Float weightless in the ice hot waters of Cejar salt lagoon
- Take flight over the Atacama Desert and skim the rim of an active volcano
- Sandboard the steep dunes of Death Valley
- Join the wild ride down a mountain from a 5600 meter peak
- Watch the sun set over the lunar landscape of the Valley of the Moon
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.