Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds
Middle East Antiquities: (MEA) 80 Clips
Ruin sites from the Middle East tell a story of human kind from the dawn of agriculture through Hellenistic and Roman times. Images included in this collection are from the sites of Troy in Turkey, a Hellenistic Temple in Armenia, Jerash and Petra in Jordan, and Caesarea, Megiddo, Tell Dan, Beth Shean, Jericho, Jerusalem Sites, Mesada, and Qumram in Israel and the West Bank.
- MEA01 Wooden horse of Troy
- MEA02 Walls of Troy Turkey
- MEA03 Pans Ruins of Troy
- MEA04 Troy entrance road
- MEA05 Temple ruins
- MEA06 Stone ramp at Troy
- MEA07 Theater seats at Troy
- MEA08 Ancient walls in Armenia
- MEA09 Hellenistic temple Armenia
- MEA10 Temple in Armenia
- MEA11 Front view of temple
- MEA12 Temple columns tilts up
- MEA13 View from temple
- MEA14 Palace ruins in Armenia
- MEA15 Mosaic floor Armenia
- MEA16 Cave city Vardzin Georgia
- MEA17 Vardzin zooms in
- MEA18 Arch at Jerash in Jordan
- MEA19 Colonnade at Roman Jerash
- MEA20 Street and columns Jerash
- MEA21 Columns at Jerash 1
- MEA22 Columns at Jerash 2
- MEA23 Entrance at Jerash
- MEA24 Jordanian girls Jerash
- MEA25 Temple ruin Jerash
- MEA26 Line of columns Jerash
- MEA27 Roman theater Jerash
- MEA28 Looking down at theater
- MEA29 Path to Petra in Jordan
- MEA30 Siq or canyon at Petra
- MEA31 Buggy in Siq at Petra tilts
- MEA32 Glimpse Treasury from Siq
- MEA33 Treasury from Siq
- MEA34 Tilts up Treasury from Siq
- MEA35 Broader view of Treasury
- MEA36 Full view Treasury at Petra
- MEA37 Side view Treasury
- MEA38 Theater at Petra pans
- MEA39 Rock cut tomb facades
- MEA40 Tomb facade with figure
- MEA41 View from tomb Petra
- MEA42 Urn tomb Petra
- MEA43 Aqueduct Caesarea Israel
- MEA44 Aqueduct arch Caesarea
- MEA45 Roman theater Caesarea
- MEA46 Stone foot Caesarea
- MEA47 Walls Tell Megiddo Israel
- MEA48 Stable ruins Megiddo
- MEA49 Excavations Megiddo
- MEA50 Excavations Megiddo pans
- MEA51 Well Megiddo tilts down
- MEA52 Steps to well Megiddo
- MEA53 Steps in well Megiddo
- MEA54 Stone building Sepphoris
- MEA55 Roman street Sepphoris
- MEA56 Mosaic at Sepphoris
- MEA57 Synagogue Capernaum
- MEA58 Stone carving Capernaum
- MEA59 Structure at Tell Dan pans
- MEA60 Cultic site Tell Dan
- MEA61 Roman city Bet Shean
- MEA62 Tell above Roman ruins
- MEA63 Overview Bet Shean pans
- MEA64 Tell at Bet Shean
- MEA65 Theater seats Bet Shean
- MEA66 Theater Bet Shean pans
- MEA67 Tell Jericho West Bank
- MEA68 Excavations Tell Jericho
- MEA69 Roman columns Jerusalem
- MEA70 Colonnade Jerusalem
- MEA71 Bethesda ruins Jerusalem
- MEA72 View of the Masada
- MEA73 Roman camp from Masada
- MEA74 Roman ramp Masada
- MEA75 Cistern Masada
- MEA76 Dead Sea from Masada
- MEA77 Herod's Palace Masada
- MEA78 Excavations Qumran
- MEA79 View of Qumran
- MEA80 Dead Sea Scroll caves Qumran
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.