Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds
Monuments of American History (MAH) 80 Clips
Places that evoke events in American history include Indian ruins in the Southwest, Spanish missions and forts, Jamestown, Plymouth Rock, historical sites in Boston, Philadelphia, New York State, Louisiana French sites, Russian Fort Ross, Valley Forge, Yorktown, Civil War Battlefields, Westward Expansion, Lewis and Clark sites, Oregon Trail, California Gold Discovery site and more.
- MAH01 Cliff dwellings AR
- MAH02 Totem Poles Sitka AK
- MAH03 Spanish fort St Augustine FL
- MAH04 Fort St Augustine FL
- MAH05 Cabrillo monument CA
- MAH06 Mission San Diego CA
- MAH07 Mission San Rafael CA
- MAH08 Mission Santa Barbara CA
- MAH09 Mission San Carlos CA
- MAH10 Mission Tumacacori AZ
- MAH11 Old San Antonio TX
- MAH12 Mission near San Antonio
- MAH13 French fort Natchitoches LA
- MAH14 Church St Martinville LA
- MAH15 St Martinville LA
- MAH16 Cabildo New Orleans LA
- MAH17 Cathedral New Orleans LA
- MAH18 French Quarter New Orleans
- MAH19 Russian church Sitka AK
- MAH20 Russian Fort Ross CA
- MAH21 Ft Raleigh Roanoke Is NC
- MAH22 Jamestown VA
- MAH23 Church Jamestown VA
- MAH24 John Smith Jamestown VA
- MAH25 Mayflower MA
- MAH26 Plymouth Rock MA
- MAH27 Cemetery New Paltz NY
- MAH28 Oglethorpe Savanna GA
- MAH29 Sugar mill ruins GA
- MAH31 Faneuil Hall Boston MA
- MAH32 Old North Church Boston MA
- MAH33 Paul Revere Boston MA
- MAH34 Bridge Lexington MA
- MAH35 Independence Hall PA
- MAH36 Independence NHP PA
- MAH37 Ft Ticonderoga NY
- MAH38 Valley Forge PA
- MAH39 Statue of Lafayette DC
- MAH40 Canon Yorktown VA
- MAH41 Victory column Yorktown
- MAH42 Lewis and Clark OR
- MAH43 Missouri Headwaters SP MT
- MAH44 Fort Clatsop OR
- MAH45 1804 Flag Ft Clatsop OR
- MAH46 West Point NY
- MAH47 Ft McHenry Baltimore MD
- MAH48 Andrew Jackson N Orleans
- MAH49 Ft Jackson LA
- MAH50 Frontier cabin LA
- MAH51 Natchez under the Hill MS
- MAH52 Rosewood Plantation LA
- MAH53 Slave cabins Audubon SP LA
- MAH54 Slave cabins LA
- MAH55 Alamo monument TX
- MAH56 Alamo San Antonio TX
- MAH57 Sutter's Mill CA
- MAH58 Pony Express rider CA
- MAH59 Covered wagon and tepee OR
- MAH60 Pioneer Donner Pass CA
- MAH61 Chesapeake and Ohio Canal MD
- MAH62 Harpers Ferry WV
- MAH63 Civil War reinactors GA
- MAH64 Antietam MD
- MAH65 Monument Antietam MD
- MAH66 Statues Gettysburg PA
- MAH67 Devil's Den Gettysburg PA
- MAH68 Appomattox Court House VA
- MAH69 Miner statue Sitka AK
- MAH70 Ghost town Bodie CA
- MAH71 Ellis Island NY
- MAH72 Ellis Island sign NY
- MAH73 First oil well Jennings LA
- MAH74 Old car Bodie CA
- MAH75 Wright Brothers NM NC
- MAH76 Depression Statue DC
- MAH77 Iowa Jima Monument VA
- MAH78 Korean War Memorial DC
- MAH79 Vietnam Memorial DC
- MAH80 Capitol Building DC
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.