Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds
Environments: ENV (80 clips)
This collection features major world biomes including Tropical Rain Forests, Monsoon Forests, Temperate Forests, Boreal Forests, Steppes, Tropical Grasslands and Savannas, Deserts, Tundra and Wetlands.
- ENV01 Orchid in rainforest Venezuela
- ENV02 Amazon rainforest
- ENV03 Amazon rainforest plant
- ENV04 Rainforest Mexico
- ENV05 Rainforest Bali
- ENV06 Orangutan in Borneo forest
- ENV07 Monkey in Borneo forest
- ENV08 Rainforest fern Indonesia
- ENV09 Rainforest river West Africa
- ENV10 Monsoon forest Nepal
- ENV11 Sunlight Nepal forest
- ENV12 Coming dry season Senegal
- ENV13 Dry season forest Myanmar
- ENV14 Dry season Myanmar
- ENV15 Howler monkey Venezuela
- ENV16 Bamboo Southeast Asia
- ENV17 Savanna grassland Senegal
- ENV18 Burning grasses West Africa
- ENV19 Baobab savanna Mali
- ENV20 Baobab tree Mali
- ENV21 Palm savanna Senegal
- ENV22 Savanna Dogon region Mali
- ENV23 Giraffe & trees Namibia
- ENV24 Palm savanna Venezuela
- ENV25 Tropical grassland Venezuela
- ENV26 Arizona desert
- ENV27 California desert
- ENV28 Desert stream Morocco
- ENV29 Sandy desert Morocco
- ENV30 Sprngbok Namib Desert
- ENV31 Desert rocks Jordan
- ENV32 Oasis pool Jordan
- ENV33 Along the Indus North India
- ENV34 Camel in Central Asian desert
- ENV35 Mediterranean vegetation CA
- ENV36 Coastal California
- ENV37 Shrubs Southern France
- ENV38 Cevennes Southern France
- ENV39 Tarn Gorge village France
- ENV40 Mediterranean woods Israel
- ENV41 Rocks and trees Israel
- ENV42 Prairie butterfly MO
- ENV43 Blowing grass MT
- ENV44 Great Plains MT
- ENV45 Shrub-steppe ID
- ENV46 Shrub-steppe eastern OR
- ENV47 Yak Central Asian steppes
- ENV48 Highland pasture Kyrgyzstan
- ENV49 Cattle on steppe Azerbaijan
- ENV50 Deciduous forest in fall VT
- ENV51 Deer in fall forest WV
- ENV52 Snowy woods IL
- ENV53 Late winter woods VA
- ENV54 Early spring woods VA
- ENV55 Woods in May MD
- ENV56 Summer fishing MO
- ENV57 Mixed forest AK
- ENV58 Deer on forest edge MT
- ENV59 Native evergreens Scotland
- ENV60 Snow in Doug Fir forest OR
- ENV61 Mountain forest winter OR
- ENV62 Temperate rainforest AK
- ENV63 Black bear enters woods AK
- ENV64 Temperate rainforest WA
- ENV65 Boreal forest AK
- ENV66 Bog and boreal forest AK
- ENV67 Near arctic tree line Canada
- ENV68 Fox and arctic tree line Canada
- ENV69 Tundra vegetation AK
- ENV70 Brush tundra Siberia
- ENV71 Reindeer herd Siberia
- ENV72 Rock and tundra Siberia
- ENV73 Arctic winter Canada
- ENV74 Polar Bear Canada
- ENV75 Polar Bear by Hudson Bay
- ENV76 Wetland wildlife Venezuela
- ENV77 Everglades FL
- ENV78 Tropical wetland Thailand
- ENV79 Cypress swamp LA
- ENV80 Bog and lake Nova Scotia
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.