Environmental Issues: (EIS) 80 Clips
Issues illustrated include deforestation, air pollution, water quality, global warming, soil erosion, desertification, endangered species and salmon.
- EIS01 Smokestacks
- EIS02 Smoke plumes
- EIS03 Mill with smoke
- EIS04 Smoke plume 1
- EIS05 Smoke plume 2
- EIS06 Smoke plume 3
- EIS07 Smoke plume 4
- EIS08 Smoke close-up
- EIS09 Smokestack w/trees
- EIS10 Forest fire smoke
- EIS11 Smoke in distance
- EIS12 Boat w/smoke
- EIS13 Traffic jam with motorcycles
- EIS14 Snowmobiles in Yellowstone
- EIS15 Smog over Guadalajara
- EIS16 Air pollution in Beijing
- EIS17 Air pollution and traffic Beijing
- EIS18 Trash by lake shore
- EIS19 Trash by culvert
- EIS20 Trash dump by Mediterranean
- EIS21 Trash on a tropical beach
- EIS22 Pipes and pond
- EIS23 Drinking polluted water
- EIS24 Polluted stream in tropics
- EIS25 Brown water from mine
- EIS26 Trampled earth by waterhole
- EIS27 Carts full of wood Africa
- EIS28 Slash and burn plot Thailand
- EIS29 Burning cut over land Tropics
- EIS30 Detail burning tree Tropics
- EIS31 Smoke Amazon forest
- EIS32 Deforested Amazon Brazil
- EIS33 Slash and burn plot Venezuela
- EIS34 Cutover hillside Guatemala
- EIS35 Clear-cut operation OR
- EIS36 Clear-cut hillside OR
- EIS37 Clear-cut hillside WA
- EIS38 Clear-cut by stream OR
- EIS39 Clear-cut on steep slopes OR
- EIS40 Replanted clear-cut OR
- EIS41 Overgrazed hill Central Asia
- EIS42 Erosion Mali West Africa
- EIS43 Eroded clear-cut slope CA
- EIS44 Erosion and bison MT
- EIS45 Wildlife trampling Namibia
- EIS46 Eroded cow path India
- EIS47 Deep gully Venezuela
- EIS48 Eroded hillside Morocco
- EIS49 Eroded group Mali
- EIS50 Stream bank erosion SW Asia
- EIS51 Desertification Mali W Africa
- EIS52 Overgrazed land Sahel Mali
- EIS53 Desertification the Sahel Mali
- EIS54 Disturbed desert floor CA
- EIS55 Abandoned city Central Asia
- EIS56 Red Rising sun
- EIS57 Setting sun with clouds
- EIS58 Sign front of glacier 1951 AK
- EIS59 Location glacier front 1978 AK
- EIS60 Glacier front 1995 AK
- EIS61 Glacier front and stream AK
- EIS62 Endangered Asian rhino
- EIS63 Endangered African rhino
- EIS64 Cheetah in grass
- EIS65 Endangered antelope
- EIS66 Male gorilla
- EIS67 Young gorilla
- EIS68 Mother Orang at Borneo refuge
- EIS69 Orang with infant
- EIS70 Panda in Beijing zoo
- EIS71 Tiger SE Asia
- EIS72 Manatee FL
- EIS73 Andean condor
- EIS74 Young salmon
- EIS75 Many young salmon
- EIS76 Salmon swimming
- EIS77 Salmon jumping AK
- EIS78 Closer Salmon jumping AK
- EIS79 Salmon swimming up stream
- EIS80 Dying salmon with eggs
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.