Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds
Ancient Maya Cities: AMC (80 Clips)
The mysterious ruins of Maya cities provide clues toward unraveling the history of one of ancient America's most splendid cultures. Included are scenes from Palenque, Lamanai, Cobá, Ek Balam, Hormiguero, Becán, Chicanná, Kohunlich, Uxmal, Labná, Kabah, Sayil, Chichen Itza, Mayapan and Tulum.
- AMC01 Palenque palace and tower
- AMC02 Palenque tilts up tower
- AMC03 Palenque temple in jungle
- AMC04 Palenque temple-pyramid
- AMC05 Palenque small temple
- AMC06 Palenque tower zooms out
- AMC07 Temple of Inscriptions
- AMC08 Palenque avenue
- AMC09 Palenque ball court
- AMC10 Palenque temple amid trees
- AMC11 Palenque climbing steps
- AMC12 Palenque Leafy Cross temple
- AMC13 Palenque image of ruler
- AMC14 Palenque Temple of Count
- AMC15 Palenque stucco head
- AMC16 Palenque relief carving
- AMC17 Palenque Maya symbol
- AMC18 Palenque Maya ruler
- AMC19 Palenque Maya god
- AMC20 Lamanai pyramid
- AMC21 Lamanai pyramid courtyard
- AMC22 Lamanai stucco face zooms
- AMC23 Lamanai side stucco face
- AMC24 Cobá pyramid
- AMC25 Cobá stele zooms in
- AMC26 Cobá Nohoch Mul pyramid
- AMC27 Cobá side view steps
- AMC28 Cobá from Nohoch Mul top
- AMC29 Cobá ball court zooms
- AMC30 Kohunlich temple platform
- AMC31 Kohunlich stucco mask
- AMC32 Hormiguero temple
- AMC33 Hormiguero temple door
- AMC34 Hormiguero carved doorway
- AMC35 Becan pyramid
- AMC36 Becan temple zooms
- AMC37 Becan corbelled passage
- AMC38 Chicanna temple zooms
- AMC39 Chicanna creator god mouth
- AMC40 Chicanna zooms to mouth
- AMC41 Chicanna god Itzamna
- AMC42 Uxmal pyramid
- AMC43 Uxmal corbelled entry
- AMC44 Uxmal Nunnery courtyard
- AMC45 Uxmal side of pyramid
- AMC46 Uxmal Chacs on temple
- AMC47 Sayil palace zooms
- AMC48 Sayil Chac mask
- AMC49 Sayil tree frames palace
- AMC50 Labna corbelled arch
- AMC51 Labna Chac mask
- AMC52 Labna palace detail
- AMC53 Labna sacbe or road
- AMC54 Kabah Palace of Masks
- AMC55 Kabah Chac masks
- AMC56 Kabah Chac nose zooms
- AMC57 Ek Balam entry arch zooms
- AMC58 Ek Balam stele
- AMC59 Chichén Itzá Castillo
- AMC60 Chichén Castillo zooms in
- AMC61 Chichén warrior carving
- AMC62 Chichén observatory
- AMC63 Chichén warrior face
- AMC64 Chichén Nunnery
- AMC65 Chichén Puuc style
- AMC66 Chichén sacred cenote
- AMC67 Chichén path to cenote
- AMC68 Chichén Jaguar temple
- AMC69 Chichén skull carving
- AMC70 Mayapan overview
- AMC71 Mayapan pyramid
- AMC72 Mayapan observatory
- AMC73 Mayapan stone serpent
- AMC74 Mayapan pyramid detail
- AMC75 Tulum El Castillo
- AMC76 Tulum coast and sea
- AMC77 Tulum zooms out
- AMC78 Tulum temple and sea
- AMC79 Tulum zooms in
- AMC80 Tulum columns
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.