Totally surrounded by the wilderness of northern Ontario, the city of Thunder Bay is an intriguing combination of city and country life, with a history that dates back to the days of the Fur Trade. Its skies are reputed to be the bluest in the province, and some of North America's most famous aerobatic pilots are drawn here for Thunder In The Air, T-Bay's annual air show. This episode kicks off with a pilot's perspective, on the show grounds, in the cockpit and in free falling formation. But when the curtain goes down at the airfield, the crew take off to capture the essence of the town itself, sampling the best of local culture and taking a step back in time.
- Defy gravity with daredevil pilots Patty Wagstaff and Wayne Handley
- Hoist your sails for the Chili Buns sailing regatta
- Rendezvous with fur traders at Old Fort William
- Feel the G-Force in a MIG 17 Fighter Jet
- Discover the behind-the-scenes air show action
- Work up a sweat in an authentic Finnish sauna
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.