There is a shortage of true wilderness in the world today, and in the heart of western Canada's South Chilcotin mountain range, the fate of the Spruce Lake Wilderness area hangs in the balance. Each year, the logging gets closer and the fight for protected status grows stronger. In this show, we meet the people with the most to lose - the families who have blazed a trail through this backcountry for generations. They see this region as a refuge for the future, where it's still possible to experience first hand the balance between harmony and disharmony. A place that is still wild.
- Take off from Tyax Lake and touch down on a glacier
- Learn how to catch a salmon, the aboriginal way
- Soar over The Ramparts, Windy Pass and El Dorado Basin
- Mingle with the wild horses at the Tyax Mountain Lodge BBQ
- Join the cowboys for an escape into backcountry
- Discover the future of Spruce Lake
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.