In Kakabeka, Northern Ontario the only boundary is imagination. Golden wilderness stretches to the horizon, cut with rivers and lakes that reflect the bluest October skies. Here in this aerial paradise, pilots have a common theory, "Know your limitations, and there's no limit to what you can do", a concept that the entire outdoor community embraces. They challenge themselves with the wild country and wide open skies around them, exploring new methods of flight, sharing their passion for white water, and at night, practicing their own funky cure for the Kakabeka Blues.
- Join a formation flight with dozens of ultralights
- Sample the groove at Dr.Dewars pub
- Get into high gear at a backwoods motorcross track
- Skim through Ouimet Canyon in a Cessna 172
- Seek the ultimate white water kayaking sensation
- Defy gravity with an aerobatic bi-plane designer
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.