Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia is the tiny rough cut jewel of Canada's eastern seaboard. From red clay sands and towering coastal cliffs to rolling hills reminiscent of the Scottish Highlands, this place has a strong natural pull year-round for anyone seeking beauty and solitude. In early October, tourists have left for the season, skies are promising rain, and the E-Z Flyer takes on some of its wildest coastal winds yet. Rainy day experts, the local community steps in with their laid back philosophy of fun, extending an open invitation to experience their beautiful backyard. To all who live here, and leave here, Cape Breton Island is Canada's best kept secret.
- Discover the majesty of the Cape Breton Highlands
- Take the stage at the Legion on a Saturday night
- Climb aboard for the first open cockpit flight over wild coastal cliffs
- Explore the giant tidal masterpieces of the Hopewell Rocks
- Experience nature's solitude at sea level on a kayaking excursion
- Meet the friendly locals who let you land in their backyard
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.