The Cirque of the Unclimbables, Virginia Falls, The Ragged Range, the Nahanni wilderness in Canada's far Northwest Territories ignites the imagination of travellers worldwide. Yet each year, only a handful are permitted inside its National Park, to canoe the South Nahanni River and scale the jagged peaks of the Mackenzie Range. In this show, aerial perspectives reveal the sheer immensity of this UNESCO World Heritage site, while Native Dene families share their deep spiritual connection with nature. Respect for the environment is a tradition they impart to all newcomers, living by example to encourage the ultimate preservation of their sacred home.
- Soar over the 10,000 ft.spectacle of Virginia Falls
- Join the campfire and share in Dene legend
- Cruise in the open cockpit ultralight over Fort Simpson
- Soak in the solitude of the North Nahanni Naturalist Lodge
- Meet global travellers on the journey of a lifetime
- Take the controls for a gut churning canyon nose dive
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.