Quebec is Canada's largest province, and nearly three quarters of its total area is undeveloped wilderness. For the Quebecois, it's nature's playground, and one which they love to share. In this episode, the journey begins with an aerial perspective that reveals the full scope of the glittering Saguenay Fjord, taking us from the rolling green hills of the southern region into the wide open spaces and huge skies of Chibougamau in the remote north. In white water, on mountaintop or deep beneath the earth's surface, this show gives viewers a sample of the true flavor of this place and with it, a taste of freedom.
- Capture an aerial view of the Belugas of the Saguenay Fjord
- Get vertical at the downhill mountain bike finals
- Go for the northern gold in a run/bike/canoe triathlon
- Strap on your helmet light for a tour of a copper mine
- Ride the white water of the mighty Metabetchouane
- Soar into big sky country in the open cockpit E-Z Flyer
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.