In Golden, British Columbia the power and beauty of nature come together with a bang. Surrounded by the majestic Rocky Mountain Ranges, this small town is the centre of adventure for Western Canada - from the launch site at the top of Mount 7 to the white water of the Kicking Horse River. But for the crew, naturešs bounty comes at a steep price. During a river landing, the ultralight is snagged, dragged downstream and totally destroyed. Suddenly grounded, they meet up with a few pilots who reveal their own favorite flight paths, and head off in search of adventure - biking with the pros, jumping off mountains (with parachutes!) and getting to know the people who live the Golden life every day.
- Meet the thrill seekers of the hang gliding Mecca of the West
- Witness a devastating landing gone wrong... and say farewell to the Beaver RX 550
- Bike at lightening speed down a sheer vertical drop
- Take a running jump off a 3000 ft. mountain
- Raft through the wild Kicking Horse rapids
- Discover the meaning of awesome from the cockpit of a Cessna
From the aerial view to the human perspective, Exploring Horizons
travels off the beaten path to the remote corners of the world and finds those places where civilization moved in without taking over. Three stunning seasons cover a cross section of culture, adventure and amazing places that make up our global village.
Shot in North America, Central America, South America, Europe and North Africa.