Join Cheryll in Istanbul, a captivating city in the heart of Turkey that has a strong national and cultural identity. Here, Cheryll explores a traditional bazaar, looks for the perfect antiques to accentuate her home designs, and takes in contemporary Turkish art.
Episode highlights include:
- The Grand Bazaar, which has over 4,000 shops and dates back to the 15th century.
- Learn why products sold at L’Orient Antiques are considered portable cultural objects.
- Find organic towels, soaps, and other Turkish made bath accessories at Abdullah.
- Chill out at the lounge in Beyman, a department store that gives men a place to relax and feel at ease and where you can find Western brands and chic clothing and home fashions.
- Discover modern Turkish art at Istanbul Modern, an art museum with a regional focus.
- Stroll through the spice bazaar, where you can purchase edible treasures in the most exotic spices, teas, and much more.
- Melda Silverware, where the elaborate traditional silverwork is stunning and sophisticated.
Throughout the episode you will also experience:
- Evil eye
- Street merchants
- Hagia Sophia
- Blue Mosque
- Evening shopping
- Turkish Baths
- The fairy chimneys
- The sea
Let’s Shop brings you the best shopping experiences from top travel destinations all over the world. Join host Cheryll Gillespie as she explores the funkiest boutiques, hippest malls, and most exclusive shops the world over. Packed with historical information and travel tips, Cheryll lends her keen eye and sage advice to make each trip an unforgettable combination of luxury, culture, and fun.