This is a PAL format DVD. Will NOT play in the US and Canada.
THIS IS A PAL DVD AND WILL NOT PLAY IN THE US OR CANADA.
The Provençal people share their unique and gregarious customs, traditions and legends, forged by centuries of history, superstition, mystery and religion.
The Provençals demonstrate a great diversity and joie de vivre centered on friendship, fun, good wine and fine food. See colorful displays of the region’s unique festivals, of myth and monsters, of native religious art and sporting contests.
Christmas celebrations include the creation of clay santons, models of time-honored characters used in exclusive nativity scenes. A vibrant production of the Pastorale each year helps keep the Provençal language alive.
- Identity of the Provençal people
- Sporting traditions of Pétanque and les joutes
- Knights of the Order of Medusa
- Knights of the Order of Garlic
- Christmas in Provence, the Provençal crèche and santons
- The Pastorale performed in the Provençal language
- Traditional shepherds and the transhumance
- Ex-votos as thanks offerings in Provençal churches
- Carnival of the Tarasque monster
- Tartarin of Tarascon, re-enactment of Alphonse Daudet’s character
- The origins of pastis and its manufacture
- The fish markets of Marseille and an oursinade