Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds
Bali, Java, and Borneo, Indonesia: BJB (80 Clips)
From the exotic island of Bali with its unique Hindu culture and the ancient monuments and fertile rice paddies of Java to the Orangutan sanctuary in the jungles of Borneo, this collection provides an overview of the far flung island country of Indonesia. Highlights include traditional Balinese dances, interesting handicrafts, rainforest plants and animals, terraced rice paddies, the busy Javanese city of Yogyakarta, volcanic Mount Batur, beautiful beaches and the evocative ruins of the Buddhist Borobudur Temple and the Hindu Prambanan Temple complex.
- BJB01 Hindu temple Bali
- BJB02 Temple with flowers Bali
- BJB03 Women going to festival Bali
- BJB04 Musicians Bali
- BJB05 Musician's hands Bali
- BJB06 Barong in sacred dance Bali
- BJB07 Barong dances Bali
- BJB08 Monkey dances Bali
- BJB09 Dancing girls Bali
- BJB10 Hero and Rangda Bali
- BJB11 Kris dancers Bali
- BJB12 Carver at work Bali
- BJB13 Batik workshop Java
- BJB14 Making batik Bali
- BJB15 Hindu ceremony Bali
- BJB16 Religious ceremony Bali
- BJB17 Food market Bali
- BJB18 Fruit in market Bali
- BJB19 Landscape zooms Bali
- BJB20 Temple gateway Bali
- BJB21 Pans to volcano Bali
- BJB22 Rice fields and palms Bali
- BJB23 Volcano Bali
- BJB24 Hilly landscape Bali
- BJB25 Forest with fern Bali
- BJB26 Tropical flower Bali
- BJB27 Carving of monkeys Bali
- BJB28 Statue zooms in
- BJB29 Monkey in tree Bali
- BJB30 Monkey resting in tree Bali
- BJB31 Pool in gardens Bali
- BJB32 Stone frog with flower Bali
- BJB33 Decorated drink Bali
- BJB34 Temple and rice fields Bali
- BJB35 Terraced rice paddies Bali
- BJB36 Harvesting rice Bali
- BJB37 Steep terraces Bali
- BJB38 Beach with children Bali
- BJB39 Boats sailing Bali
- BJB40 Riding horse on beach Bali
- BJB41 Prambanan and Mt Serape Java
- BJB42 Temples at Prambanan Java
- BJB43 Hindu temples at Prambanan
- BJB44 Muslim women at Prambanan
- BJB45 Large tree Java
- BJB46 Borobudur monument Java
- BJB47 Stupas on Borobudur Java
- BJB48 Buddha statue Borobudur
- BJB49 Colonial buildings Yogyakarta
- BJB50 Traffic Yogyakarta Java
- BJB51 Busy street Yogyakarta
- BJB52 Donkey cart Java
- BJB53 Roof tops Semarang Java
- BJB54 Landscape Java
- BJB55 Rice paddies Java
- BJB56 Plowing rice paddies Java 1
- BJB57 Plowing rice paddies Java 2
- BJB58 Rice growing in water Java
- BJB59 Working in rice paddy Java
- BJB60 Harvesting rice Java
- BJB61 Fish ponds Java zooms
- BJB62 View of south coast Java
- BJB63 Couple on beach Java
- BJB64 Fishing from beach Java
- BJB65 Rocks and beach Java
- BJB66 Couple on rocky coast Java
- BJB67 Horse and buggy on beach Java
- BJB68 Plane on runway Java
- BJB69 Kalimantan Indonesian Borneo
- BJB70 Rain on stream Borneo
- BJB71 Waterway Borneo
- BJB72 Woman on village path
- BJB73 River and rainforest Borneo
- BJB74 Jungle hike Borneo
- BJB75 Monkeys in tree Borneo
- BJB76 Lone monkey in tree Borneo
- BJB77 Orangutan eating Borneo
- BJB78 Orangutan eating grass
- BJB79 Orangutan in forest Borneo
- BJB80 Orangutan mother and baby
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.