Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds
Central Asia : (CEA) 80 Clips
In this collection, follow the route of the ancient Silk Road from Kyrgyzstan through Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. It includes the snow-capped Tien Shen Mountains, mountain pastures, streams, livestock, petroglyphs, yurts in Kyrgyzstan and Osh in the Fergana Valley. Uzbek monuments are illustrated in the cities of Tashkent, Samarkand, Khiva, Bukhara, and Khiva. Images from Turkmenistan include the Turkmen capital of Ashgabat and the ruins of Merv, and Konye-Urgench. The collection features Central Asian mosques, medrassas, markets, landscapes, camels, deserts, irrigation agriculture, and more.
- CEA01 Tian Shan Mts Kyrgyzstan
- CEA02 Horsemen Kyrgyzstan
- CEA03 Dramatic rocks Kyrgyzstan
- CEA04 Mountain stream Kyrgyzstan
- CEA05 Stream and yurts Kyrgyzstan
- CEA06 Yurt in summer pastures
- CEA07 Tash Rabat caravanserai
- CEA08 Tash Rabat and felt rugs
- CEA09 River eastern Kyrgyzstan
- CEA10 Cattle herd Kyrgyzstan
- CEA11 Petroglyphs Kyrgyzstan
- CEA12 Grave marker Kyrgyzstan
- CEA13 Grave markers Kyrgyzstan
- CEA14 Horse pageant Kyrgyzstan
- CEA15 Rider Kyrgyzstan
- CEA16 Solomon's Throne Osh
- CEA17 Babura's mosque Osh
- CEA18 View of Osh Kyrgyzstan
- CEA19 Onions in Osh market
- CEA20 Tashkent Uzbekistan
- CEA21 Fountains Tashkent
- CEA22 Medressa Tashkent
- CEA23 Samarkand Uzbekistan
- CEA24 Timur's tomb Samarkand
- CEA25 The Registan Samarkand
- CEA26 Medressa interior Samarkand
- CEA27 Mosaic dome Samarkand
- CEA28 Women Samarkand
- CEA29 Displaying carpet
- CEA30 Inside mosque Samarkand
- CEA31 Bukara Uzbekistan
- CEA32 Walls of the Ark Bukara
- CEA33 Nadir Divanbegi Medressa
- CEA34 Mosaic Nadir Divanbegi
- CEA35 17th century building
- CEA36 Ismail Samani Mausoleum
- CEA37 Ancient mosque Bukara
- CEA38 Bolo-hauz Mosque Bukara
- CEA39 Covered bazaar Bukara
- CEA40 Walkway Bukara
- CEA41 Weavings for sale Bukara
- CEA42 Maghoka-Attar Mosque
- CEA43 Medressa interior Bukara
- CEA44 Kalon Minaret Bukara
- CEA45 Dome Kalon Mosque
- CEA46 Kalon Mosque Bukara
- CEA47 Emir's Palace Bukara
- CEA48 Walls of Khiva Uzbekistan
- CEA49 Dance performance Bukara
- CEA50 Entry gate Khiva
- CEA51 Kalta Minor Minaret Khiva
- CEA52 Mosque and Medressa Khiva
- CEA53 Narrow street Khiva
- CEA54 View through arch Khiva
- CEA55 Juma Mosque and Minaret
- CEA56 Gardens Khiva
- CEA57 Juma Minaret Khiva
- CEA58 Overview of Khiva
- CEA59 Juma Mosque evening Khiva
- CEA60 Sunset Khiva Uzbekistan
- CEA61 Ashgabat Turkmenistan
- CEA62 Official building Ashgabat
- CEA63 Monument Ashgabat
- CEA64 Carpets Tolkuchka Bazaar
- CEA65 Fabrics and dresses in bazaar
- CEA66 Traditional clay oven
- CEA67 Irrigation canal
- CEA68 Landscape Turkmenistan
- CEA69 Oasis garden Turkmenistan
- CEA70 Desert Turkmenistan
- CEA71 Akhal-Teke horse
- CEA72 Turabeg mausoleum
- CEA73 Konye-Urgench ruins
- CEA74 Shepherd on donkey
- CEA75 Sheep and donkey cross road
- CEA76 Boy and ruins at Merv
- CEA77 Boys and camels
- CEA78 Ruins at Merv 1
- CEA79 Ruins at Merv 2
- CEA80 Mosque at sunrise
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.