Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds
Beijing and the Great Wall of China: (BGC) 80 Clips
Video clips in this collection include historic Tiananmen Square, Mao's picture above the Tiananmen Gate, temples and palaces in the Forbidden City, a Confucian temple, and typical street scenes. Also included are the Ming Tombs and the Great Wall of China at two sites in the mountains near Beijing.
- BGC01 Tiananmen Gate
- BGC02 Mao on Tiananmen Gate
- BGC03 People at Tiananmen Gate
- BGC04 Entering Tiananmen Gate
- BGC05 Side view Tiananmen Gate
- BGC06 Lion at Tiananmen Gate
- BGC07 Canons and Forbidden City
- BGC08 Walking in Tiananmen Square
- BGC09 Monument Tiananmen Square
- BGC10 People talking Tiananmen
- BGC11 Flowers Tiananmen Square
- BGC12 People's Heroes Monument
- BGC13 Soldiers in Tiananmen Square
- BGC14 Approaching Forbidden City
- BGC15 Wall of Forbidden City
- BGC16 Palace in Forbidden City
- BGC17 Golden Water River
- BGC18 Inside Forbidden City 1
- BGC19 Inside Forbidden City 2
- BGC20 Roofs in Forbidden City
- BGC21 Lion in Forbidden City
- BGC22 Hall of Supreme Harmony
- BGC23 Red columns Forbidden City
- BGC24 Bronze detail Forbidden City
- BGC25 Gold dragon carvings
- BGC26 Tourists Forbidden City
- BGC27 Courtyard Forbidden City
- BGC28 Red Wall Forbidden City
- BGC29 Stairs Forbidden City
- BGC30 Gateway Forbidden City
- BGC31 Gardens Forbidden City
- BGC32 Traffic at Tiananmen Gate
- BGC33 Street in Beijing
- BGC34 Restaurant with stone lions
- BGC35 Small shops
- BGC36 Apartments
- BGC37 Side street Beijing
- BGC38 Moon gate and bikes
- BGC39 Inside restaurant
- BGC40 Fish and other foods
- BGC41 Confucian temple
- BGC42 Statue of Confucius
- BGC43 Side view Confucius statue
- BGC44 Monument to scholars
- BGC45 Pavilions Confucian temple
- BGC46 Pavilion Confucian temple
- BGC47 Stone beast
- BGC48 Hall of Great Perfection
- BGC49 Steps leading to hall
- BGC50 Temple bell
- BGC51 View from Ming Tombs
- BGC52 MingTombs
- BGC53 Walkway Ming Tombs
- BGC54 Stele Ming Tombs
- BGC55 Dragon carving Ming Tombs
- BGC56 Gateway Ming Tombs
- BGC57 Pagoda Ming Tombs
- BGC58 Archway Ming Tombs
- BGC59 Mythical beast carving
- BGC60 Close-up mythical beast
- BGC61 Flowers Ming Tombs
- BGC62 Flowers and pagoda Ming Tombs
- BGC63 Gardens Ming Tombs
- BGC64 Doorway Ming Tombs
- BGC65 Statue of Ming Emperor
- BGC66 Weaving carpet
- BGC67 Craftsman working
- BGC68 Woman weaving carpet
- BGC69 Red ball Great Wall
- BGC70 People on Great Wall
- BGC71 View of mountains Great Wall
- BGC72 Gateways Great Wall
- BGC73 Distant view Great Wall
- BGC74 Guard towers Great Wall
- BGC75 Chinese flag
- BGC76 Guard tower Great Wall
- BGC77 Stairs and vista Great Wall
- BGC78 School children Great Wall
- BGC79 School children climb steps
- BGC80 Great Wall through arch
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.