Title consists of 80 broadcast quality digital clips ranging in length from 7 to 25 seconds.
Morocco: MOR (80 Clips)
Morocco is a fascinating North African country with a summer dry sub-tropical coastal fringe that is separated from the dry lands bordering the Sahara Desert by the high Atlas Mountains. Its cities are noted for their medinas, or old quarters, with their traditional Islamic architecture and lively souks, or markets. This collection includes a variety of landscapes ranging from the fishing boats, wheat fields and olive groves of the coastal area with its Mediterranean type climate, to the high Atlas with snow covered peaks, and the irrigated oases, stony dry lands and sand dunes of the Sahara Desert fringes where mud-brick kasbahs contrast with nomad tents. Urban scenes feature Rabat, Casablanca, Fez, Marrakech, and Essaouira with their mosques, minarets, medinas,and souks.
- MOR01 Rabat gate
- MOR02 Rabat walls
- MOR03 Rabat mausoleum
- MOR04 Rabat Hassan Mosque and Tower
- MOR05 Rabat Hassan Tower
- MOR06 Rabat Medina walls
- MOR07 Rabat Medina doorway
- MOR08 Rabat Chellah
- MOR09 Casablanca Hassan II Mosque
- MOR10 Donkey and olive grove
- MOR11 Riding donkey through wheat
- MOR12 Herding sheep
- MOR13 Roman ruins Volubilis
- MOR14 Ruins and flowers Volubilis
- MOR15 Triumphal arch Volubilis
- MOR16 Moulay Ismail
- MOR17 Fez view with tower
- MOR18 Fez mosque courtyard
- MOR19 Fez Arabic writing
- MOR20 Fez medina fountain
- MOR21 Fez carpet emporium
- MOR22 Fez alley with donkey
- MOR23 Fez Chouaras Tanneries
- MOR24 Tanneries die vats
- MOR25 Fez zooms to rooftop
- MOR26 Fez Bab Boujeloud gate
- MOR27 Fez street scene
- MOR28 Poppies and olive trees
- MOR29 Goats in argan tree
- MOR30 Harvesting wheat
- MOR31 Pans Middle Atlas view
- MOR32 Goat herd in snow
- MOR33 Shepherd and sheep
- MOR34 Nomad tent Middle Atlas
- MOR35 Nomad children
- MOR36 Stream and oasis
- MOR37 Town with tajines
- MOR38 View of Midelt
- MOR39 Camels in desert
- MOR40 Stream in desert
- MOR41 Desert village
- MOR42 Village in Ziz Valley
- MOR43 Zooms from Merzouga Dunes
- MOR44 Tent at Merzouga Dunes
- MOR45 Merzouga Dunes
- MOR46 Low dunes Merzouga
- MOR47 Boy and flock Merzouga
- MOR48 Woman and sheep
- MOR49 Date palms and wheat
- MOR50 Irrigation water
- MOR51 Oasis town
- MOR52 Todra Gorges
- MOR53 Desert kasbah
- MOR54 Village of Tifeltout and palms
- MOR55 Irrigation and Tifeltout
- MOR56 Tifeltout
- MOR57 Zooms to oasis town
- MOR58 Window in Kasbah Taorirt
- MOR59 Air Benhaddou kasbahs
- MOR60 Ait Benhaddou zooms out
- MOR61 River Igissi
- MOR62 Village in High Atlas
- MOR63 Shepherd in High Atlas
- MOR64 Stream and village High Atlas
- MOR65 Ourika Valley
- MOR66 Koutoubia Mosque Marrakech
- MOR67 Saadian Tombs Marrakech
- MOR68 El Badi Palace Marrakech
- MOR69 Decorated arch El Badi
- MOR70 Medina street Marrakech
- MOR71 Central square Marrakech
- MOR72 Street scene Marrakech
- MOR73 Fishing boats Atlantic coast
- MOR74 Walls of Essaouira
- MOR75 Carpet shop Essaouira
- MOR76 On Essaouira walls
- MOR77 Street in Essaouira
- MOR78 Fishing harbor Essaouira
- MOR79 Gate Essaouira
- MOR80 Sunset and birds Essaouira
Using your GlobeScope Collection DVD
To use the clips on a GlobeScope DVD-ROM you will need Quick Time on your computer.
The GlobeScope video clips on DVD-ROMS can be imported into most non-linear editing programs for Macs and PCs. The clips are broadcast quality QuickTime movie files slightly compressed using the Photo JPEG.mov file type (NTSC, 720 x 486 pixels, 30 frames per second). The clips are too large to play smoothly on many desktops. To play well, a clip should be imported into a non-linear editing program such as Adobe Premier, Adobe Premier Pro, Avid, Avid Express, Media-100, Pinnacle, Final Cut Pro, or i-Movie 4 or later.
If you are editing with an i-Movie program that predates the version included with i-Life 4, you will need to upgrade to i-Life 4. This will automatically convert the .mov clips on this disk into the .dv clips used by i-Movie.
If, after meeting the basic requirements listed above, you continue having problems using clips in the GlobeScope collection, you may return the DVD-ROM to Academic Media Network, Inc., 946 NW Circle Blvd. #295, Corvallis, OR, 97330 with a request that it be replaced with the same collection on a mini-DV tape. For reference to the clips, you may then download the .pdf index file for the collection from the GlobeScope web site.
GlobeScope User License Agreement
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and modify the GlobeScope images on this disk subject to the following conditions. By using any product on this disk you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
Use License - Anything produced using GlobeScope images must be for personal use or for the use of your school, institution, company, client, or customer who must be the end-user of your work. You may not rent, lend, sell, lease or sub license the images to another institution, business, or other entity. The disk may not be copied for use on multiple computers at the same time.
Non-Retail Uses - The images may be incorporated into a derivative work such as a report, public presentation, promotion of school or local event, film, video, broadcast, internet or print project. The images may not be used, sold, licensed, reproduced or distributed as a stand-alone imagery element, made available as downloadable files, or included in any other clip media and/or stock image product, nor as a set of clips for distribution or resale.
Retail Products - Copies of the derivative works in which the images are allowed to be used may be reproduced, sold, and distributed with the following limitations: The images may not comprise the entire finished work nor may the primary value of the product come from the use of GlobeScope images alone. In addition, you agree to prohibit any third party from duplicating or distributing any of these images included in the finished work. GlobeScope would appreciate a credit line on the finished product that reads "Stock Footage from The GlobeScope Collection".
Special Limitations - The GlobeScope images may not be used in conjunction with defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libelous, pornographic, immoral or illegal material.
Copyright Academic Media Network, Inc. - holds the copyright to all GlobeScope images. They are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty agreements. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you and Academic Media Network retains all rights not expressly granted by this license Agreement.
Liability Academic Media Network - or its licensers, will not be liable for any damages or pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the GlobeScope images. Licenser's entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be the amount paid for the particular image collection and no more.